Crack Filling Services
Let Us Restore Your Pavement
Asphalt is a durable material choice for parking lots, driveways, walkways, and more, however, it can start to develop cracks as it ages. At our asphalt paving company, we offer crack filling to make sure your large or small cracks are restored and don’t become worse.
One factor of pavement cracks can be heavy weight. If your pavement experiences the weight of large, heavy vehicles on a regular basis, the constant weight can cause stress and in turn, cracking. Another factor is UV rays, which can break down the asphalt binder over time and cause cracking. A third (and very common) factor is the freeze-thaw cycle of water. When water seeps into your pavement and freezes, it expands and can cause or worsen cracks.
Types of Cracks
There are many different types of cracks that can occur in pavement, including:
- Alligator Cracking: small, interconnecting cracks that resemble an alligator’s skin
- Block Cracks: large, square cracks that are spaced between 4 and 12 feet
- Edge Cracks: cracks that develop between the pavement edge and the curb
- Longitudinal Cracks: cracks that run parallel to the centerline of the pavement
- Reflective Cracks: cracks that are caused by changes in sub-base movement
- Seam Cracks: large or small cracks that develop along the seam of the pavement
- Transverse Cracks: cracks that run perpendicular to the centerline of the pavement
At Mr. Pavement, we recommend filling in your cracks to reinforce your pavement’s strength and prevent the cracks from worsening. If you’re in need of professional crack filling, don’t hesitate to contact our asphalt paving company. We’ll fill in your cracks quickly to return your driveway, parking lot, or other paved area to a durable state.